We're Goin' Places!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Confession:

Confession: I like food. A lot. And I know, if you know me in person, that was a "Thanks, Captain Obvious!" sort of moment, but hear me out!

I like food, and I like to eat. But I sometimes am left feeling like my brain doesn't really know how to shut it down. You know? I'll catch myself eating because there's food there. A time or two, I've caught myself eating food I didn't even think was all that good! And if I haven't had something sweet to eat? Forget it!

So that's why I was pretty curious to try "MealEnders", a small mint that promises to stop you from overeating. Really? Alright, I'll hear you out, MealEnders - what do you got?

MealEnders promise a "Duo-Sensory" taste system, using a dose of sweet, followed by a refreshing palate cleanse, to reward and then reset your taste buds, which will get you through that "overeating zone", where you're compelled to eat more food.

And the holiday season is an excellent time to use MealEnders! MealEnders are promised to be excellent to use when you want a second helping but know you should stop, at the end of a meal to replace desserts, or to curb snack cravings.

Perfect!

So let's get to my own personal experiences!


I was a little bit leery of a product like this, just because I didn't want it to feel super obvious that I was using something like this, right? But this is clear, distinct packaging, that would look at home next to any other bag of mints or hard candies in your cabinet. Need a little help? Your secret is safe with MealEnders. They come in four flavors - Citrus, Mocha, Chocolate Mint and Cinnamon, so that your palette can be cleansed in whatever flavor suits your preferences the most!


My breakfast of choice. Sometimes with smoothies, I find that I actually forgot that I ate - or that it counted as having eaten, at least. Calorically, that's a meal, even if my brain didn't think so, right?


Again - that'd be perfectly at home anywhere. You could pull this right out of your bag, and have no fear that you'd be looked at any differently. Unless you want to be. My husband was pretty curious about these when he noticed them, I was happy to answer all of his questions.


The unwrapped mint. That's a chocolate coating, with a "refreshing palette cleanser" to help reset my brain.

So, I dutifully drank my coffee shake, and sucked on my MealEnders candy. Do not crunch it - you actually have to suck on it, all the way through.

I...I didn't like this flavor as much as I wanted to. The chocolate was OK enough, but honestly, that "palette cleanser" part? Really just made my tongue itch. I was OK at first - a little minty. Kind of tingly. Then I was pondering the merits of reaching in to my mouth and scratching my tongue. Boy, that escalated quickly. 

But you know what? It WORKED. Darn it, it worked. The tingle eased up quickly after the mint was gone. The taste of coffee had been sufficiently cut through in my mouth, and I was completely satisfied and made it until lunch without want for anything else.

I was a real skeptic, but consider it confirmed. I wasn't on board with the mouth feel, but they work!

If I've piqued your curiosity, and you'd like to try some for yourself, I have two ways you can do it!

You can go to MealEnders.com, and use the code "FitHoliday20" (no quotes, of course) to save 20% off of your own order.

OR, and I'm pretty excited about this one, you can win a four pack right here!

Here's how you do it!

Like my Facebook page! There will be a thread for you to comment on, leave your name, and tomorrow, I'll pick a winner, and you will receive your very own four pack of MealEnders! You have 24 hours! GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment