We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Argan Oil might be my new bestie...



If you prefer a more natural, simple beauty routine, then you're well aware of the benefits of products like argan oil. But did you know that a lot of the products that boast of oil have other ingredients in them as well? That argan oil hair serum is not 100% pure, it will often include silicones and other ingredients, making it virtually identical to any other serum you'd find on the market.

Argan oil is pressed from the kernel of the Argan tree, which is native to Morocco. It has gained popularity as a beauty treatment as of late, thanks to it's moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties, allowing it to balance oil, help with anti-aging concerns, and moisturize - leading it to be considered as "liquid gold" in some circles!

Radha Beauty Products sells 100% Pure Argan oil, and my friends, this stuff is magic.



This bottle is 4 oz., and comes with a dropper to measure out the oil that you will need. And you guys, a little goes a very long way, you can do so much with this!

Argan oil has moisturizing, and antioxidant properties - and is 100% safe to use in its natural form. And randomly, I just looked it up - it's food safe, and is safe to use on your pets!

I've spent a week using this oil in every way I could think of, and on everyone that would let me near them for long enough to try it, and was consistently impressed and surprised with the results.

My dry, scaly winter legs? A thing of the past, thanks to argan oil. And that's even after having showered since! The effects of lotion would have washed away, right along with the body wash. I'd like to be able to demonstrate this one in pictures, but you don't want to see pictures of my legs, any more than I want to show them to you!

Yesterday, I decided to do what I consider probably my ultimate experience - I have thick, coarse, color treated hair. So yes, it is often an out of control disaster. I showered, completely skipped hair conditioner, applied a generous dose of argan oil in it's place, and waited to see what happened. Imagine my surprise to see that my hair dried frizz free, smooth, and laying nicely! Curiously, a little straighter than normal, even. When I did this, I concentrated my oils in to the ends, and just smoothed over the part near my scalp. I'm on day two, and my hair is still smooth, and soft. Amazing!

My 8 year old has sensitive skin, and hates the feeling of lotion. Like they do sometimes, he got too close to me one night when I was feeling experimental, and he quickly found his legs slathered in oil. Once his giggles subsided (he's very ticklish, haha...) he marveled that it made his skin feel "like butter". He couldn't stop exclaiming over it! No complaints from his sensitive skin, either!

He also boasts a beautiful head of long blonde hair, that he takes a tremendous amount of pride in. It's fine, with a slight wave, so it made me nervous to do it, but I put two drops of oil in to my hairs, rubbed them together, and smoothed them over his hair. He was thrilled to see his hair look softer, shinier, and lay better than usual.

The next morning when it was time to go to school, and we didn't have time to use the oils again, he was honestly disappointed! I couldn't believe it! He went "But, it makes my hair so shiny and soft!" And I, like any self-respecting mom of a kid that's about to be late for school, went "But that won't matter if you're late!" Moms: causing bad hair days, all over town. :D 

And for the biggest, most impressive, no doubt weirdest picture I've ever posted? I have chronic, awful dry skin on my feet (I blame that on my own mom, because so does she). Every treatment I've ever tried has been temporary at best.

When I started on this post, about a half hour ago, I slathered a few drops of argan oil on the bottom of one foot. Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A for why you need argan oil in your life:


In dire need of a pedi? Ain't got time for that? Ain't got cash for that? ARGAN. OIL. That's 30 minutes difference, you guys. That's unreal. 

I can't say enough positive things for this product. It's $16 on Amazon, and if you order before 4 PM EST today (by clicking here), you can have it in your hot little hands by this time tomorrow, and be slathering up things in your own house. Which you absolutely should. If you're not quite in that much of a hurry, it's also a Prime eligible item, so you could have it by Saturday for free! A little goes a long way, the 4 ounce bottle will last you a long time!

FULL DISCLOSURE ALERT: Radha Beauty generously supplied me with this bottle of Argan Oil in exchange for my opinions on it. All opinions are mine. As are the photos. Although I'd gladly give up those dry feet, if someone was crazy enough to want them. :)

Edited: I'd originally decided to tell you about these in two different posts, then decided I should probably pair them together.

I also was supplied with a full sized bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil to try.

I used the Coconut oil in similar ways that I had the Argan oil, and was a bit disappointed with it. I honestly didn't care for the rate of absorption. Everything felt slightly slick after having used the coconut oil. It didn't feel as soft and moisturized as things had with the Argan oil.

In fairness to that ideal though, the advised uses on the package aren't uses I tried. Radha recommends the fractionated coconut oil as a oil for massage, and as a carrier oil for essential oils. Neither way that I tried. So I might actually like it much better in that instance.

This oil, like the other, is food safe.

So, where I would actually use the argan oil again, gladly, I can't speak with as much enthusiasm for the coconut oil. I'm sure if I were a masseuse, or made more use of essential oils, I'd be singing a much different tune.



Say what you will, the Radha packaging game is on point. Both of these are beautifully packaged.

Talk to you later, you well moisturized beauties!

Like this post? Tell your friends! I'd love a nice +1!

No comments:

Post a Comment