We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Oh, There Will Be Shenanigans!

Picture with me if you will...

5:30. 5:45 maybe. I get a text from my husband that says that I'm going to drive him to meet a coworker up town for drinks, while I'm gone to swimming with our 8 year old.

Never mind the fact that I didn't get invited to go out for drinks, I got bigger problems. I gotta look "meet the husbands coworkers" level presentable ...in about a half hour.

Oh boy. What's a girl to do?!


Throw on a little Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, and run out and clean up the car, for starters!

If you've got skin on the oily side, and you want to clean up that oil, pronto, Queen Helene is your girl. That stuff is old school, and it's made it so long for a reason! It's great!


Next, prime, perfect and good eyebrows. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, Aveeno CC Cream and It Cosmetics brow pencil do the job nicely. Were I that pressed for time, I could have stopped here. But clocks still ticking, I gotta keep going!


An easy eye - champagne across the lid, a dark brown in the corner, and a little mascara. I read someone once compare Maybelline to the "training bra" of mascaras. Which sounds weird when you initially hear it, but then you go "You know what? Maybe..." it doesn't do anything exceptionally. Like, you can see from my before in this collage (the top one) - I was OK for length, and good enough for color. I mostly need volumizing help. I didn't especially get it, I didn't especially get a great enhancement in length or color either. I just got a nice, for sure better defined than before, lash. They do a little bit of everything with Great Lash, and probably better than anybody out there. If you need a just solid, working mascara, Great Lash will always be a great choice. But if you're looking for a little more Oomph, this probably isn't your gig. Or, to see that bra metaphor through to the end...if you're looking for a push up bra, it's not for you. :)


Eyeliner (I used treStique shadow crayon in "Kona Coffee", which is so long lasting, you'll practically have to beg it to come off), and lips, and I'm ready to go, with two minutes to spare! Woo!

And can we talk about those lips?! Cause holy lips, batman! That lipcolor is Wet N Wild Natural Blend lip shimmer in color 108 (Wet N Wild isn't much for naming their lip colors), and it packed 10 times the punch I expected. Went on smooth and even, a little bit of a glossy finish. A little bit of minty to it, even, which isn't enough to be irritating, just enough to feel kind of cooling and refreshing.

This is a long lasting color - I made it to dinner a couple of hours later, and when I wiped my mouth with my napkin, I was wiping off lip color. I often say that when Wet N Wild hits their mark, they hit it hard, and with this, they NAILED it. This stuff is fantastic. Where I didn't overwhelmingly, enthusiastically recommend Great Lash, I will overwhelmingly, enthusiastically recommend this lip shimmer. It's absolutely worth every cent.

As a bonus, if that's your thing, the lip shimmer also bears the seal of approval from the Natural Products Association, meaning it's been certified as a all-natural cosmetic product! This color is really good for you - it just keeps getting better!

I made it with two minutes to spare! I played swim class mom (actually, I got lost in my cell phone, which I kind of even hate myself when I do that. That's so awful...), and then met up with the coworker for dinner, and was so glad I took the time to get my face in order! 

30 minute face - it can be done! See you later, beautiful!

Since I got so super pumped for the Wet N Wild product, if you like them as much as I do, you'll be intrigued to see that I talk about them all the time!





No comments:

Post a Comment