We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

I Got A Problem...



Well, I had a problem.

At any rate, I went to my son's elementary school field day. I'd never been before, so I figured why not? I was in charge of the "pizza box game", where the kids had to run a variety of relay races in order to stack pizza boxes. In a portion of the soccer field that felt like it was 1,000 miles from any sort of shade. On a scorchingly hot day.

And in case this IS your first time at the rodeo that is the Big Blog...I'm very fair.

As a result, I came home from elementary school field day, looking like this:


Starting to see my dilemma, right? Let me add in a few more layers (pardon the pun, but I'll get to that...). My day job is working at a local dance studio. I run the front desk, and teach a couple of classes, and it's an absolutely blast-y blast. The kind of fun that I feel awkward using words like "job" and "work" to describe it. This picture happened to be the same day as our end of the year banquet, and, a mere 4 days before I was going to have to look good, in a costume with exposed back and shoulders.

Yep, I got a problem. And then this sunburn began peeling like a beast because...well, because why not, at this point, right?

Enter my good friend;


Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub with natural oils. My burn was peeling, and I needed it to be over, much faster than it was actually going. And there are no pictures of my peeling sunburn, because let's be honest with each other - I didn't want to take them, and you don't really want to look at them. :D

I tried this scrub out on my hands first. Did you ever use the Mary Kay Satin Hands kit? This scrub sort of does both steps at the same time. It's kind of awesome like that. Your hands will come away smooth and buttery soft! Big, fat grains of salt and smooth, silky oils. Beautiful!

At any rate, back to the sunburn.

I got in the shower, dipped my hand in to the well, and hoped for the best. Scrubbed off my back and shoulders and chest, and hoped for the best.

I got up in the morning, and much to my surprise - it worked! It really, really worked! The peeling skin had dried up, and could simply be brushed away! I was so surprised! This stuff is great!

Here's a few other minor details I noticed;

Keep this A. WAY. from your kids. There's no fooling - you open this up, and it's salt and oil, clear to the top. Even with my 8 year old (who should reasonably know better than to pour oils all over the table), I was nervous to let him mess with it, it was filled to the top, and oily!

The scent is "Ocean Breeze", and I found it a bit...cloying. Stuck in my nose a little too well, you know?

But, otherwise, I was more than satisfied with this product. I gave it the biggest test I knew how (peeling sunburns are brutal. If you're lucky and haven't had one in a while, think back. You've been there. lol...), and it passed with flying colors. I would very enthusiastically recommend this to a friend!

See you later beautiful!

This was my first try talking about women's body scrubs, but I have talked about men's before!

Have you liked my Facebook page yet? Click the bar at the top! C'mon! It's easy!

Full Disclosure: Adovia was kind enough to supply me with this product in exchange for my opinions on it, however, the opinions are all my own. You can purchase their scrubs through this website here, and their products are for sale on Amazon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment