We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bright on schedule? You betcha!

(Note: my seven year old helped me with these pictures, so some of them aren't great. We tried. Haha...)

After seeing the latest commercials for the Olay Fresh Effects line, promising a full nights sleep, no sleep required, I knew that I had to have it. I don't get a full nights sleep...well, ever - and I know I'm not unique in that. Even the slightest.

Olay promises that their Fresh Effects line will give skin a "refreshing blast of hydration" with honeysuckle and white tea. And judging by the looks of the advertisements, I'm a few years removed from their target market (ahem...), but I'm also a sucker for new products, so...you know how that goes. :D

The Bright On Schedule eye awakening cream uses a unique three roller ball system as the applicator. And I know that the roller ball applicator system isn't unique (Garnier has been doing it a while now), but Olay has THREE! They promise that it cools the eye. Does it? On it's own, I find it hard to believe that it would. But I popped mine into the fridge, for a little extra cooling power. Wowza!

The cream is easy to use - give the tube a little pinch, and apply to the eye. Bingo, bango. If you can apply lip balm, you can use this. I typically find that it absorbs quickly and easily, although the other day, I had a little trouble - I guess I went a little overboard, and found that the excess, rather than absorb, formed a crust under my eye. I went in to several stores before my son was nice enough to point that one out...oops. The texture is light, and silky smooth, so if you know you need eye cream, but don't generally like the feel of thick lotions, you should get along nicely with this one.

The one thing I've noticed in using Olay products for the last few weeks? They smell. It's perfumey, and it's a nice enough scent, but if you don't like smells on your face, you'll have a hard time with this particular quality. I was initially so thrown off by it, that when my seven year old got to me in the school pick up line, I promptly bent down to his level, and went "Smell my face!" He liked the smell, I've gotten used to it.

It takes almost no product to satisfy your needs, and as such, one tube lasts a long time. I've had it probably two months, and I've hardly scratched the surface!


The good stuff. Bright, cheerful packaging. Easy to use, easy to understand.


The three ball roller, with a little bit of product squeezed up. This is slightly blurry, this is one of the ones my seven year old took. :)


How easy the product is to use! Like I said - if you can use lip balm, you can figure this stuff out! :)



My rolled, rested, refreshed eyes! Instant sleep, no sleep required!

I totally bought this eye roller just on a larf - saw the commercial, went "Huh, that looks interesting...", the spokesmodel had gorgeous skin (because of COURSE she did...), and ordered it on Amazon. I love this stuff. I'd buy this again in a minute. I highly recommend it. The ingredients seem pretty standard issue for lotion, so unless you've got trouble with scents, you're probably fine that way. I recommend!

I've actually talked about this one more than once - the other time, I did it on video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment