We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I'm back, baby!

Sometimes, I'm a little optimistic. Last Monday, I had surgery, and told myself that while I was laid up, I'd be able to update every. day. I didn't count on that it was going to take me four days to feel like anything resembling a normal human being again, though!

At any rate, I'm here! AND, I decided to be adventurous this afternoon, and I tried my hand at recording a Youtube worthy video. I'll share it here, because otherwise how would you all know about it, but also, I realized afterward that there were a few things I wanted to speak to in the video, and didn't, so sharing it again here gives me a chance to address those things.




One of the things I wanted to address, that I didn't remember to:

When to use it. I've heard some people say that they apply foundation, and THEN apply primer, because they like the pore blurring effect of it. In my own personal experience, applying foundation and then primer over the top, number one - won't get you the nice, even surface, and two - it's only tended to draw attention to my pores. Like the silicone or whatever is in the primer, kind of broken up my foundation a little. The coverage wasn't as good or as smooth afterward, and the powder cosmetics I applied over the top, tended to grab really hard.

In my own personal experience, not all primers are created equal. I've got several primers in my bag right now (and my eye on a few more that may be joining us with some Christmas money after the holidays!!), and they're not the same. But Maybelline Baby Skin is a goodie. Goes on nice and silky smooth, evens out skin - without creating any sort of mask like feel, doesn't settle in to any fine lines or wrinkles, and that little bit you get in that container goes a long way! For $9 US, you'll get a lot of milage out of that little green container! I'm not shy about telling you guys if I wouldn't buy something again, but in this case, I totally would. If you want to talk about really getting some bang for the buck in the drug store, this guy fits the bill!

There is a second version of Baby Skin, which is supposed to give a more luminous finish, but I don't believe that version is for sale in the US just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment