We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wet N Wild Wednesday!

Today for Wet N Wild Wednesday, I've swatched a few polishes for your viewing and dancing pleasures. Wet N Wild, when it comes to their nail polishes at least, delivers exactly what they say they will - the colors in the bottle look exactly like they'll look on your nails, you are promised one stroke application (which OK, you don't exactly get that...), and five days of "chip free wear". And you'll get five, and not a second more! It's actually kind of weird, it's like there's some sort of timer in the polish, or something. You won't make it six days, but you'll get a full five. And if you're looking for a more "natural" alternative to typical polish, this is your guy. Wet N Wild advertises that their polish is, "Toluene, phthalate, and formaldehyde free".

Batter up! First up to the plate, "On A Trip". This is a cheerful, mid-tone lilac. I could see this being fun to wear in the spring. No sparkle, no glitter. This is one that especially makes me object to that "one stroke application" thing, because it was still a little streaky after two strokes. I could have stood for three, I think.


In action. Mid-tone lilac, what you see is what you get.


This polish also holds the dubious distinction of being the polish that showed me that photographing nail polish is harder than I give it credit for being! My digital camera overexposed every shot I took, so I switched to my iPad, and even still, this is a pinch darker than the polish looks in reality. Never work with children, animals, or nail polish? :D

And that contraption you see the polish on is a swatch wheel, I got a big package at the beauty supply for $6, so what you're seeing is what the polish would look like with a white base coat. If you need to swatch your own polish, or just want to practice your nail art before you go for it on your hands, I got this one at Sally's!

Next up is "Through The Grapevine" a polish that worked hard to restore my faith in photographing nail polishes. A mid-toned, cool toned, pink-y purple, this one is pretty striking on. And this one has enough opacity to it that you could almost get away with one coat. Unless of course, you're like yours truly, and want more of a color payoff, in which case, go ahead. I don't judge. :D


Wet N Wild, by my own admission, is a tricky line to get on board with. They have their hits, and they have their misses. And their misses are usually catastrophic level misses (I've got an eyeliner that seems to have no pigment what so ever, that I'll offer as proof of that...), but when they do hit it, they knock it out of the park. I was super impressed with this color in particular. This would be a steal at two or three times the price!


It got it's own spot on the color wheel too. Gorgeous, right? But this is another Spring or Summer color, that'd look smashing with a tan!

Last up to the plate, "Under Your Spell", an absolutely perfect color for Fall this time, a deep red, that reads almost to a deep bronze, with a slight red glitter running through it.


You know one of the things I've always appreciated about Wet N Wild? Even though their price point is inexpensive, it doesn't look it. That polish, or either of the other two, could turn up in any nail salon, and you'd never question it. I think that's fantastic.

At any rate, this is the gorgeousness that is "Under Your Spell", which I totally am. I'm not rocking it right now - my nails are too long to also be that dark*, but I kind of can't stop staring at it.

*I'm a big believer in balance in nails - I don't feel like long nails should be dark colors like this. Your milage may vary of course, if you want to have long, duck footed nails that are jet black, than you do you, and be proud of who you are. It's just not my scene.

 "Under Your Spell" takes it's turn on the big wheel;


You can see a little bit of that fine red glitter running through it in this pic. It's really fine, you won't feel like you're trying to look 17, rocking some glitter again. It's just a little extra sass.

With these colors - I swatched them on white, up against white fabric, so you might be wondering what they'll look like on you, if you're any darker than...say, Snow White. Worry not - each of these colors go on really true to the color in the bottle. Even "On A Trip", which the swatch picture didn't do justice, came out the color of the bottle in real life.

Some of these, I see being a little more seasonally appropriate than others. Like, I think "Through The Grapevine" would look fantastic with a summer tan, "On A Trip" is a great Spring color, "Under Your Spell" is a great Fall/Winter color. But if you've got someone in your life that loves to paint their nails, and likes to add a lot of color to their collection, the Wet N Wild Megalast nail colors are a great drugstore brand to start with!

Within the next few weeks, I hope to get through a lot of these colors, and collect all the pictures in one spot (a swatch collection, if you're familiar with blogger vernacular). I also hope to be getting around and investigating some possible dupes for these colors to let you guys know about those. I make no promises (naturally...), but I do know OPI has some really exciting purples, there's probably some dupe potential in there.

I've not been doing great at keeping up with you guys, but I hope for that to change. I'll be talking skin care coming up in the next few weeks, going to be looking for some dupes for some of these nail colors, and I've got some exciting eyeshadow I can't wait to dig in to. We'll talk soon, I promise!

Later, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment