We're Goin' Places!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Doesn't it figure...

...I get turned on to Revlon Colorstay nail polish, right as it's getting ready to be a thing of the past?

Revlon is getting ready to replace the Colorstay with the Colorstay Gel Envy, so heads up - if you haven't stocked up on your favorites from the Colorstay line, now's the time!

At any rate - this line promises 11 days worth of high gloss, chip free color. And I am nothing, if not willing to test that sort of thing, so I was hoping against hope for 11, but I made it 7. After a week, I started getting grow out, like you would with a set of acrylics. And, just like with a set of acrylics, the grow lines were snagging in my hair when I took a shower. So that was the end of the Colorstay colors. But I will say - at the end of the 7 days? Just as beautiful, and glossy and chip free as it was at Day 1!

I purchased two colors - "Trade Winds", a nice neutral tan, and "Rich Raspberry" which was, well, a rich raspberry color. I actually picked out these two in particular, because I thought they might look nice together. I've been reading up on nail art, and thought these might be a nice pair to try it out with.

I was quickly shown the error of my ways though. Both products come with the same brush - wide, thick, allows you to maintain a nice level of control of the polish. But where Rich Raspberry was thick, rich and pigmented (one coat could *just* about get the job done, you'll see that in the pictures later), Trade Winds doesn't boast the same thickness. In fact, if a good French Manicure is your thing, Trade Winds is probably a color you need to own. So, they do both look very nice, but they weren't a good match to try out my nail art skills on.



The beauty shot. Nice big portion of color for the price, good handle to hang on to. The colors have a nice wide, thick brush, which gives you a nice control of the color. And see what I mean, about thinking they'd look nice together? They do, don't they? And I think I mentioned this already, but if you're a Colorstay original formula fan, stock up, because they're getting swapped out for the Gel Envy line.



The Rich Raspberry, in action. With this one, there's enough of a color payoff that one coat will just about get the job done, I just like my raspberries a bit higher voltage, so I went in for two. So if you like the color, but without the high wattage, one coat might do it for you.



The nails. With the one coat, you can see that there's still some transparency, one coat would probably make a excellent base for a french manicure, if the pink isn't your thing. I went in for two, and it bubbled a little bit, unfortunately. I kept looking at it, dismayed, but my seven year old son (and you can trust boys to keep it real, haha...) told me that no one else noticed but me, so I'll have to take his word for it, that I was just being fussy.

The colors looked great, and held up impeccably, so I'd absolutely recommend them. Target has just about cleared out of their stock, Wal-Greens just started, and Rite-Aid still has their full supply, at full price. If you're a decent enough couponer, you can get a great deal on some polishes!

I will also point out - this raspberry color removed cleaner, and easier, than any color I've removed in a while. I was well and truly surprised that I didn't end up with raspberry colored toes! Clean and easy, right off!

No comments:

Post a Comment