We're Goin' Places!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Well, this makes me feel better...

After my experience with Mermaid's Tale, I was pretty down on the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. But, because I never give up after one shot, I tried it again!



The top row in the collage is Wet N Wild Megalast in Valet Tag, which is a gorgeous neutral beige, with just a pinch of purple to it. It went on smooth, and easy. The color is really pigmented - that's only one coat in the pictures!

Wet N Wild promises that Megalast will deliver "5 days of chip resistant wear", and they are a brand that really sticks to their promises, because that's exactly what I got. In fact, if you're counting a little optimistically, it might have even made it to six!
Wet N Wild Megalast comes with a wide brush. In fact, one of the widest I've seen in any brand! I can clear each finger in about a stroke and a half, maybe two if I really want to be fussy about the coverage. Every formula I've tried has been nice to control, thickness wise, and was easy to clean off the skin if you accidentally paint your skin instead - which we've all been known to do a time or two. :D

The bottom row is "Commander in Chic", from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. My last try at the Salley Hansen CSM line was Mermaid's Tale (read about that frustrating experience; here), so I was pretty down on the line.

I'm much enthused to report that I had much greater luck this time! The color went on smooth, to a high gloss finish, and lasted a full six days with no chips! The color is a nice purple grey (what it looks like on my toes doesn't do it much justice, it's pretty true to the color in the bottle). It's a nice stand out color, without being as bold as say, black or blue. It's not particularly summery, but is enough of a stand out that you can get away with it whenever you want!

I was really pleased with both of these colors, and I'd for sure recommend them again! :)

Bye, beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment