We're Goin' Places!

Monday, July 7, 2014

My good run of bad luck...

I'm having a good run of bad luck with Sinful Colors lately. I've been through two manis in a week with this stuff!



Introducing Suspect Number One, otherwise known as "Daredevil". This picture actually makes the color look a little warmer than it is - it's a neutral hot pink. Pink like a highlighter marker. I used Maybelline Color Show in Porcelain Party as a base coat (I'll actually be blogging about that soon...)

I'm willing to concede I got probably got a bad bottle, but it was really bad - the brush was thin, and inflexible. The color was runny, and hard to clean off the skin, and chipped almost instantly. In fact, this picture was about the only time the color was chip free. By the time the color was 24 hours old, I was already having to patch chips, and after going strawberry picking with my gramma (and sidebar? If you ever have the chance, do. You might think the strawberries from your supermarket are good, but they don't have anything on the ones that are fresh off the plant...), the color was pretty demolished. So I just took it off and started over. I like Sinful Colors, typically, "Let's Talk" is a gorgeous purple, and "Sugar Sugar" is a fantastic deep red. But if Daredevil had been my first experience, for obvious reasons, there probably wouldn't be a second experience.

With that said, enter Suspect Number Two:



"Cinderella". Cinderella is a really pretty light blue, with a bit of pink iridescence, and a fine pink glitter running through it. It's a bit thin - it'd probably make a fantastic top coat. To get a strong look at the color, I used Wet N Wild Wild Shine in "French White Creme" as my base coat.

Everything started out better anyway - soft brush, color went on smooth, not a lot to clean up, by way of color on the skin, getting the thumbs up from me so far.

Oh, then last night? I'm taking a shower, and I see a little bit of color coming loose around my cuticle (if you're following the numbers at this point, Cinderella has been on my nails about 12 hours by now...), so I go to get it off.

HALF THE NAIL proceeds to come off in the process. Really, Sinful Colors?! So the picture that you're seeing above is my attempt at a patch job, which I was pretty pleased with! It's not pretty if you look at it real close, but since people rarely do, it's not too bad!

So I've struck out twice in a row with Sinful Colors. Curiously, only with light colors. I mentioned "Sugar Sugar" and "Let's Talk" earlier, and their both dark (red, and purple, respectively). Light colors, maybe? Possibly. Good run of bad luck? Absolutely. I'm not discouraged completely though - I have a new color from their "Silks" collection to try, that I'm pretty excited for! :)

See you later, beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment