We're Goin' Places!

Monday, July 21, 2014

I've never been much on Garnier...

...but this, I like!

Thanks to some savvy couponing work on my part, I picked up the Garnier Clean+ face wash for oily skin this week to try out. The packaging promises to "Remove excess oil" and "Mattify skin" on the front, and on the back, boasts that with only ONE WEEK of use, you'll see improved clarity and reduced pores.

The packaging is a flip top cap, where you squeeze out the product. It's bright, and easily understood - green, white and black is pretty distinctive. Not to mention, one of my all time favorite color combinations, so I might be a little partial on that one.

The face wash itself is actually a little on the runny side. Like, you don't actually have to really squeeze the tube - flip the cap, and tip it over, and some will just pour out. The wash is tinged with a black color, which is likely generated by the charcoal powder that the wash contains.

Honest, calling my skin oily was probably pushing it, so this was probably a bit more high powered of a wash than I really needed. As a result, I find it a bit stripping. I can usually make myself comfortable with a slick of moisturizer, but if I were to just use this wash, and go in to my usual routine, I wouldn't be able to do it. Although if your skin is more oily than mine, you might not feel quite as emphatically as I do on the moisturizer. Although, as your friendly neighborhood blogger, I'll remind you - everyone needs moisturizer. Haha...

The packaging advises not to get the wash into the eyes, although I didn't have much trouble with that, but if your eyes are more sensitive, I'd avoid the area. It's not super fantastic as an eye makeup remover, so don't expect that you'll get double duty out of it that way.

It rinses...strangely. I don't know how to describe it, exactly. Like, it rinses soft - I always end up rinsing well after my face is clear, thinking I've still got soap on my face. Which, rinsing isn't exactly bad, it just kind of is. But my one, major complaint? It smells really manly. My husband uses Suave body wash for men, and I think this face wash might smell more manly than that even. It doesn't have to smell like strawberries or anything, but since women are the target market, why not feminize it, at least a little? If you're not especially bothered by scents, you're probably golden. But if you like your face wash to smell a little more feminine, or you don't really want your face wash to smell like anything, then you're probably in a little trouble here.

The beauty shots;



The packaging. Clear, well marked, easy to read (and understand!) exactly what you're getting yourself in to, in a manor of speaking.



The Before and After shots. I took both of these in the same place - looking out my bathroom window. It was apparently just a more overcast day the first time, hah!

At any rate, you can see things in the first one - the pores through the t-zone, the little bit of ruddiness that you see in the skin through the t-zone area as well. And you can see that in the after, there is a reduction in the quality of both! Neither is completely gone (I mean, they're Garnier, they're not miracle workers...), but the wash did everything it promised - improved clarity, reduction in pores, mattify the skin, great!

Overall, I am actually impressed with the face wash - nice formula, delivered on the promises on the packaging, great work. The one thing that would give me a little pause before going back for a second tube would just be that smell. If there were a way to smell-a-blog, I'd let you smell it too. I might switch to the combination wash for next time, see if I find that smell a little more palatable. I'd recommend it to a friend, like I mentioned - as long as you're good with smells. If the smell of your products is problematic, then you'll find this wash problematic as well. :(

Later, lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment