We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Another special edition "Wet N Wild Wednesday"!

It's time for another special edition "Wet N Wild Wednesday" here at the Big Blog of Beauty, and this time, we're talkin' eyeshadow!

Our first entry is from the Summer 2013 collection, called "I'm Seeing Triples!" Despite the fact that everything I can find online attributes this collection to Summer of 2013, I'm still actively seeing it in stores, right up to today. So if you were on the ball and got one last summer, but want more, you're in luck. I've recently spotted these at Rite Aid, and bought this one personally at CVS.

At any rate - this collection is a matte lime, aqua and pink color, and I was initially attracted to them because they're so far outside of what I'd normally wear! :) I used Fergie Take On The Day primer, but came up with my own color scheme, because the labeling that Wet N Wild provides to give you a hint on how to use the colors...well that was bravery taken a little too far. Lime up to my eyebrows was more than I was ready to commit to! So I went with lime in the inner corner, the pink across the mid section of the lid, and the aqua in the outer corner, as well as in to the crease.

This shadow goes on great - I've read some reviews saying that it was better to use the sponge applicator, that you'd get more color pay off that way, but I had no problems with the payoff that I got. I did alternate a bit between sweeping the color on, and stippling the color.

I honestly don't know that I'd rock all three of these together at the same time again, but I do like all of these colors a lot. They reminded me a lot of the HIP line that L'Oreal has been selling for a while, but bonus - at a fraction of the price!



The actual palate. Wet N Wild, as you can see, provides some handy labeling, if you're not one for figuring out how to use the colors for yourself. But, like I said - matte lime up to my eyebrows was a bridge too far, so I threw their rules out the window, and wrote my own. Makeup's fun like that. :D



Wearing the shadow, eyes opened and closed. The look, in action. Nice color payoff, great durability - hung in solid for five or six hours - and a unique look. I got a lot of positive feedback on this one!

Now we move on to my Summer 2014 selection, "No Scalpers Allowed!". On its face, this one was much more wearable. A light, pinky tone, a mid-tone matte purple, and then a deeper purple with a slight iridescent quality. Everything sounds great so far, right?

Color goes on smoothly, and pretty well - I used the same brush as I'd used for "I'm Seeing Triples!", as well as a similar technique of application. Fergie Take On The Day primer, and a combination of sweeping and stippling to apply the color. Color went on smoothly. Not as much color payoff as with "I'm Seeing Triples!", but that's alright.



Looks nice, right? I used Wet N Wild purple eyeliner pencil in this one, where I'd used black eyeliner in the other, but everything else you're seeing in the pictures is the same.

So, does it sound like I'm hedging my bets a bit on exclaiming over this one? Because I kind of am. I had one giant, giant problem with this one - drifting color. The purple - and I never got a feel for which, they seemed to blend together at this point - just spread, everywhere. I had to clean up my eyes twice before I could leave for work, and twice while I was at work. Where I got 5 hours of pretty impeccable wear from "I'm Seeing Triples!", I got about 40 minutes worth of wear out of "No Scalpers Allowed!", which was a disappointment, to say the absolute least.



For the sake of equal opportunity, a picture of the palate. It all looks so promising, doesn't it?

Of these two, if I had to make a recommendation, I'd recommend "I'm Seeing Triples!" Wears well, nice color payoff, unique - it'll for sure attract attention. "No Scalpers Allowed" has only mediocre color payoff, and was suffering from constant melt down, the entire time I had it on. Pass on "No Scalpers Allowed!", unless you're just so fond of purple eyeshadow that you just can't help it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment