We're Goin' Places!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Ooh! I feel so naughty!

I received a large sample of Perversion mascara from Urban Decay in my last Ipsy bag, and I've been really on the fence about it, but today tipped me over the edge.

Obligatory product beauty shot:



Isn't she lovely? Unique look. Sleek, bold, will stand out on your vanity, or in your makeup bag. Unless you've got a black one, I suppose. Or, heaven forbid, you're trying to put on your makeup in the dark. And I mean, do what you gotta do for your beauty, but I don't recommend putting on makeup in the dark. :D

From urbandecay.com;

Get bigger, blacker, badder lashes with our ultra-creamy, lengthening and volumizing mascara. Includes a deluxe sample of Subversion Lash Primer! So intense you might need a safe word, Perversion glides on and gets you sexy in one stroke. (Yet it won’t quit until you say when.) It’s insane how black it is…the purest, deepest, most intense black color imaginable. Perversion has a creamy, full-bodied texture that’s not too dry, not too wet. This allows just the right amount of “pull” so it glides through lashes. The result: incredible control for insane lashes. Go ahead and pile on coat after coat. Want to apply more before you go out at night? No problem. Even if it’s been all day since you applied, more Perversion always means more beautiful lashes. Our formula NEVER gets brittle or clumpy.

Alright, back to me...I don't know that I think this has the pigment that it says that it does. It didn't seem markedly darker than any other sort of mascara that I'd tried. So, that might be a bit much. And I don't think this is especially volumizing either.

Know where they really sold me though? The lengthening. The crazy, crazy lengthening. This formula is rich and creamy, and layers nicely, so you can build up enough coats to suit you. Although, they do also sell Subversion mascara primer, so if you're really needing some sticking power, try that one. At any rate, builds well, without getting stiff or clumpy, and lengthens, like crazy. Like, looks like false eyelashes level of lengthening. Check out my pictures!



For the sake of the comparison, check out my bare lashes here, and my lashes on Wet N Wild, here. See what I mean? This stuff lengthens, like nothing I've tried in a while! While I stand by my saying that the Wet N Wild is a steal for the price tag, I've finally come around to the...aah, 'perverse' side?

No comments:

Post a Comment