We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wet N Wild Wednesday!

For todays special mid-week edition of The Big Blog of Beauty, we've got a Wet N Wild Wednesday!

I gave myself a mani, which isn't unusual obviously, but something about this one felt really familiar. I used Wet N Wild Megalast nail color, in "2% Milk", seen here in the middle:



I typically use a white polish as a base coat, but in this case, I was disappointed to find that the base coat just made the color appear streaky and yellowed. So the whole mani had to come back off, and then get repainted, sans base coat. Wet N Wild makes a mean nail polish - they promise five days of chip free color, and that's exactly what you get. If you're good, you might even eek out a sixth! Wide brush, easy to control product - it's really a heck of a steal for the price tag!

I'm admittedly not completely sold on the neutral trend (which is projected to be big for fall 2014, so stock up accordingly. Unless you're living in a part of the world where you've already done fall, in which case, you missed your shot, haha...), but I like this color pretty well. It prompts my eight year old to constantly quiz me on why I'm wearing clear nail polish, but no bother.

At any rate, this polish felt super familiar. So I decided to do a little sleuthing.

First, I went to Revlon Parfumerie nail color in Pink Pineapple, which you can see in the picture on the left. It was similar - a nice, delicate, natural looking color, but runs a bit more pink than 2% Milk, which verges more to the tan. I spoke about this polish once, here, and I was pleased to find that I was more satisfied with both the color, and the longevity this time around.

But, it didn't quite get the job done. Too pink. So I went back to the drawing board, this time going for "Bubble Bath" from OPI. Just for the note, this is also available from OPI as a gel polish, but I went with the original formula.

Bingo! Nailed it! Honestly, the only marked difference in the two is that Bubble Bath dries to a higher gloss finish - which is nothing a nice glossy top coat can't handle! Where you could maybe pass of 2% Milk and Pink Pineapple as being the same - to people that weren't that knowledgeable about either line - the only people who wouldn't know that Bubble Bath and 2% Milk were NOT the same thing is anyone looking at your check book!



Each color, with one coat. Revlon's Pink Pineapple on my pointer finger, Wet N Wild's 2% Milk on my middle finger, and OPI's Bubble Bath on my ring finger. Each one coat, no base coat. See how they're virtually identical, save for that Pink Pineapple is just a bit pinker than the other two?



Two coats! Pink Pineapple on the pointer finger, 2% Milk on the middle finger, and Bubble Bath on my ring finger. 2 coats, no base coat. As I've said, Pink Pineapple has a bit more pink to it than the other two, but 2% Milk and Bubble Bath are virtually identical in every way. And, as I explained to my eight year old - the polish on my middle finger cost $2, the polish on my ring finger cost $10. Why not save that other $8?! Heck, for the $10 it'd cost you to buy ONE OPI polish, you could have FIVE polishes from Wet N Wild! Think of the possibilities!

Later, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment