We're Goin' Places!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Today, We're Talkin'...HAIR!

Today, we're talking something we don't usually talk much about - HAIR! I...I'm not kind to mine. I heat style only rarely, but I do love me some hair color. And, I've been known to forget to comb it. Sometimes I genuinely remembered but just didn't, sometimes I can't find a comb, and sometimes, like in the case of this past weekend, I've been so darn sick, that pretty much as long as my hair wasn't hanging directly in my face, that was good enough for me. The elementary school plague struck my house early this year, and took me down with it, which it doesn't usually. As a result, I've been pretty well out of commission.

At any rate, today was the day I had to rejoin society, couldn't lay in my sick bed anymore, and I needed to clean up! So I raided my recent Ipsy bag, and found Briogeo's "Don't Despair - Repair!" deep conditioning mask, and hit the showers.

Of course, mine came in my Ipsy bag, but you can find this product full size for $26 a tub at Sephora, according to a quick google search. According to their website, pretty well any tasty treat for your hair is in here - "Fortified with ultra-hydrating avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, strengthening keratin protein, power-conditioning rosehip oil, soothing aloe, and super hair-essential vitamins B5, D, A, E and biotin. "

I immediatly noticed that this mask did not feel heavy in my hand - I've used some that felt like they could double as body butter in a heart beat. This didn't. It felt nice and silky in my hand. It also wasn't overly scented. I don't find scents especially problematic allergy-wise or anything, but I also don't want to be able to smell my hair either. :)

This absorbed in to my hair. Like, absorbed. I almost applied more, I was so convinced that it'd all disappeared! I decided to give it a shot though.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that even though it felt like it had disappeared, it had done a very capable job for my hair! Laid smooth, gave it a little shine, combed through easily. Super impressive. I had a sample, so I really don't get another shot at using it, but I can easily see where with regular use, your hair would get real happy, real fast!

Product shot:



Nice looking product, right? Again, this is a sample size, so it's smaller than the $26 Sephora version. Easy to read, will look nice in your shower. I'm a mope with pictures today, I guess, so I couldn't get a Before/After shot of my hair that was even a tiny bit satisfying to me, so I've got nothing for you this week that way. Trust - this is a tasty treat your hair will love! A little lightweight heavy weight that you need if you do a lot of color or heat styling!

I'll be back later in the week with some nail polish swatches for you! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment