We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Black Friday Haul!

I had my Black Friday haul out on the kitchen table, admiring my handiwork, and I snapped a quick pic so I could share it with everybody!



Mario Badescu Skin Care kit - $10 at Ulta, and came with deluxe size samples of the Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Glycolic Acid Toner, Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater, Peptide Renewal Serum, Seaweed Night Cream, and a packette of the Ceramide Eye Gel. I'm not terribly well versed with Mario Badescu skin care - but for $10, this seems like a stellar way to introduce myself to the line.

And then I went a little NYX crazy, and bought;

Matte lipstick in Alabama. This looks like a lovely, brown toned red. People talk about how everyone needs either an orangey red, or a blue toned one. I find I do better with the brown tones, myself. My skin isn't particularly warm or cool (I say I'm more neutral), so that's probably why.

I also got the Soft Matte Lip Creams, in Milan and San Paulo. San Paulo looks like a medium/deep pink, with Milan very similar, but coming in a few notches lighter. I've never tried either color, but I have tried the soft matte lip cream before. They go on with a doe foot applicator, like a lipgloss would, but dry to a nice stain. If that dry feeling isn't your thing, keep a lip balm handy. The bonus, of course, to the stain, is that they last longer!

Also, I got the Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sparkle Nude. By the by, if you like the jumbo eye pencils, CVS has a lot of them for 50% off right now, which made this little find a whole $2.50!

I stepped a little out of my zone on this one, but got the pressed Illuminator powder, in Enigmatic. Now, a pressed illuminator isn't the part of it that's unusual for me, but Enigmatic is a nice, girly pink tone, which is the unusual part. Typically, when I'm in the market for illuminators, I go for something more in a gold tone. We'll see how well I like this one! If you're wondering why one might need an illuminator powder, it's the "highlight" portion of the "highlight and contour". :)

And lastly, the "Stay Matte But Not Flat" foundation, in Nude. I've been a dyed in the wool BB cream girl for a while, so this will be unusual. But I'm going to my husbands company Christmas party next weekend, and wanted more of a polished look than BB cream might give.

I also got a Too Faced "Beauty Experts Darlings" kit. For $20, this kit included deluxe sized samples of the Chocolate Soleil matte bronzer, La Creme lip cream in Naked Dolly, Better Than Sex mascara, and Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer. I'm not sure which one I'm the most excited to try! The Chocolate Soleil is dark enough that it makes me nervous, but it smells delicious, so it's a toss up. I bought it for the mascara, but who knows?

And lastly - you know it, you love it, you've probably got some in your own bathroom, TIGI Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner. It was a deal I couldn't refuse. Normally $18 a piece, on sale for $7?! Yes please!

Look for my reviews, and with any luck, my much happier hair, coming up soon!

Later lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment