We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Revisiting an old friend...

I've done this "revisit an old friend" thing before, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked the color more than I did the first time. Alas, today, that is not to be the case.

Today, we're revisiting Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure nail polish in Mermaid's Tale. We chatted about this one way back in the spring (view my first post about it, here.)

Some things didn't change - it's still just as visually interesting to me, and I'm still just as smitten with it. Navy, with small bits of navy glitter, as well as larger pieces of green. It's visually very interesting. I stared at it a long time before I finally bought it.

This time, I swatched the color with a base coat, where I hadn't before. I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in "White On" as my base coat, and 2 coats of Mermaid's Tale.


See? It's kind of neat. The problem? The problem is now as it was then - this stuff chips. Easy. I painted this at 10:00 this morning. It's now 10:00 PM, and I've already had to patch three different chips. And the most stressful thing I did all day was decide what sort of pie I wanted! Never cooked a thing!

So I want to love this, and I want to tell you guys it's good, and great and wonderful, but truth? It chips too easy. Last time, I got chips from picking my son up from school, I give it another chance, and I get chips from eating pie! No thanks!

So my verdict on this one is a solid SKIP IT. I've given it two chances now. It's way more fun to look at than it is to try to wear. Thanks anyway, Sally Hansen.

Just call me - bummed in Michigan. ;)

Later, my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment