We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wet N Wild Wednesday!

Today, I reviewed a 5 pan eyeshadow set from Wet N Wild, called "The Naked Truth". I also forgot to take a picture of it in good light, and wanted to do it justice, so I'll have to add that tomorrow.

As the name would suggest, this is a neutral palate, with colors ranging from a shimmery nude, on to a copper shade with flecks of gold glitter, that was just kind of fun to look at. Like is typical for Wet N Wild, each shade is has the suggest application site embossed in it. I did it on their application tips. I don't get intimidated by much, but the contrast between the nude, and the copper, seemed a bit tough to get through.

I shouldn't have worried! These colors went on well, blended together easily, and looked terrific. I'm now...seven hours post application, and you can see the colors beginning to fade a little, but the look is still clean, and well put together.

Wet N Wild is one of those brands that when they hit the mark, they nail it, and they really hit the mark on this one. For the price point, this is as nicely put together a palate as you'll probably find.

The one thing that never fails to irk me about Wet N Wild though? The chips to my mani that I take opening up a new polish! Three safety seals is a bit much, right? I mean, for real. Three?

The chips to my mani aside, I recommend this shadow, very enthusiastically. For their price point, it's nicely pigmented, and a well curated selection of colors put together. Two thumbs up!

The pictures. This is over the Fergie "Take On The Day" primer. Kat Von D liquid liner. As for the things that look like wings - I'm working on perfecting my wing technique. It's not great (this one was a little bit of an uneven line), but I'm getting there. :D


Right? That's a solid group of colors, for their price range. Do recommend! Will update again with the picture of the shadow, when I can get it in good lighting.

Later, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment