We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wet N Wild ... Thursday?

Two weeks or so ago now, I posted several nail polish swatches from the Wet N Wild Megalast line of nail polish swatches. I had a little bit of difficulty photographing them, but they looked good on my laptop, and I published them. (See them here.)

I checked out the blog on the computers at the library yesterday, and long story short, I came straight home and reshot all the pictures!

Wet N Wild's nail polishes are free of toluene, pthalate and formaldehyde. They have a wide brush (you can do your whole nail in about three strokes!), and go on smooth and easy. The colors, or the ones I've got experience with thus far anyway, come out really true to what you see in the bottle - so I know that I'm pretty pale, and I'm swatching the polishes on a white nail wheel, but they all come out looking true to the bottle every time.

Wet N Wild promises you five days of chip free color, and that's pretty universally what you get. You might get six if you're lucky, but that's about it. Although of course, having said that, I don't have a job where I use my hands a lot. If you do, you may not get five.

I've gotten the most comments about "Under Your Spell", a nice brownish red with a light glitter running through it. Although I think Heatwave - a bright summery orange - may be my favorite so far.



"Haze of Love", a really pretty deep mauve. When I looked at it, I immediately thought of "Marsala", which was just named Color of the Year (oh yeah, that's a thing...), which makes this color so on trend right now, that it's out of control. If you don't own this, you need it. Sephora is selling Marsala nail colors for between $10 and $20 a bottle. Wet N Wild has your back for $2. Yes! Do this!



"Heatwave", a straight up, no foolin', orange. If you're one who always wants your colors to be seasonally on point, Heatwave isn't your guy now, but remember him come summer! You'll want this one!


"On A Trip", a fantastic, kicky lavender. No glitter, no foolin'. I can see this one being super fun like, in the Spring when you're out hunting for Easter eggs, right?


"Through The Grapevine", a deeper purple. Not as much red to it as "Haze of Love", more of a true purple. It's not quite a marsala, but it's probably close enough that you could fake it. 


"Under Your Spell", a nice red-brown, that has a slight bit of fine glitter running through it. This is the one that I get the most comments on when people see it. I don't know that I think it's the most unique one of the group (I think that honor probably goes to Heatwave, at least so far), but it's quite the eye catcher!

I appreciate the care that Wet N Wild puts in to their packaging. It's an inexpensive line, but their packaging doesn't look it. Look at this;






You could see each of these bottles turn up at any nail salon, and you wouldn't question it. You want a splurge feeling, on a didn't splurge budget? Wet N Wild is your brand!

(Bottles are pictured in order; Haze of Love, Heatwave, On A Trip, Through The Grapevine, Under Your Spell. Unfortunately, the bottle pictures were not reshot)

No comments:

Post a Comment