We're Goin' Places!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Tale of Two ...Dilemmas?

This post comes with a whole bunch of stuff. Some venting, some reviewing, and an awkward confession. Ready?

Meet the box by my bed:


This enormous box looks like a pile of junk, cause that's kind of what it is. My husband is a very...let's say dramatic, housekeeper, and this is the amount of stuff that he's collected that he didn't want to be bothered to find a place for, that he could reasonably prove belonged to me.

In the spirit of no longer sharing my bedroom with the box, I've decided to go through it, and tell you guys about the good treats, and get rid of the bad ones.

So something good will come out of something bad that my husband did, but please don't tell him, cause he might be encouraged to do it again! ;)

So, I reached my hand in to the great, mythical box this morning, and pulled out...


Nivea Lip Butter!

I remember buying this one actually - it was hard to find. Everybody was so gaga for them, they were impossible to find. Now they're everywhere, and cheap too!

This one has always felt strangely luxurious to me - the tin is like a real metal, I actually have to pull it open with my fingernails. Bonus, of course being, that if you were just going to toss this in your makeup bag, there's a reasonable expectation that it'd stay closed. So packaging, A+!

The scent sounds strange. "Vanilla & Macadamia" isn't a combination you'd put together real readily, right? Fear not, my friends. The scents aren't the perfumey versions - rather than a fake, chemical vanilla, you get a actual, mild sweetness. My first reaction was that it tasted like caramel, not vanilla. Or like a white chocolate mocha maybe. Except no coffee taste. So the scent is good - real, not perfumey and fake. And I have a thing about being able to taste my makeup. Long story short...I don't want to. Unless you're a Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker, I don't care what you taste like. I can't with this one. Real, but not overpowering. A+ for scent!


Usability...probably no giant mysteries there, right? Swirl your finger, and apply? This is also a wide and clear enough surface that if you wanted to use a lip brush of some kind, you totally could as well. This is solid - I've used some lip butters that had a bit too much give for my taste, this one doesn't. This sets up really well. A+ for usability!

Now, for wearability...I swiped this on, and swore to myself I'd take a better picture, and never did. So I cropped this one down to just the lips. Cause that's my prerogative, right?! :D


A slight shine, no other color to speak of. The only thing that I can really speak less than glowingly on, is the longevity. With typical...mouth usage (?), you'll wear this off quick. By the time you have a drink, or kiss your grandmother hello, or kiss your honey, this lip butter is gone. The macadamia is nicely moisturizing, so you're still left with smooth, kissable lips, but if you're after that shiny, freshly applied look...you'll be left having to freshly apply. So, A- for wearability.

So...no mystery here, I'm very pleased with this lip butter, and I feel like it should be in your makeup bag too! When you see this guy (and I feel like I see him on sale at CVS all the time, hinty, hint, hint), make sure to snap one up!

Always on the lookout for some hot lip products! Me too! Check out some other favorites!








No comments:

Post a Comment