We're Goin' Places!

Monday, February 2, 2015

BB Cream Battle Royale Runner Up...

Confession: I'm a sucker for anything that says BB Cream. Put BB Cream on your product, and I'm paying attention. Which is unfortunate, because that allows capitalizing companies - like our friends over at Maybelline to make things that aren't BB Creams, and call them BB Creams...and I end up owning them all.

That said, meet a BB Cream Battle Royal Runner Up:


Garnier BB Cream for eyes!

The Garnier website promises that their BB Cream does five things: corrects dark circles, minimizes puffiness, awakens skin, evens skin tone and hydrates. All in one simple step!

Does it?

In the interest of full disclosure, this picture isn't from today. It's from one day last week. But you get an idea of what I'm working with here:


Under eye area isn't terrible, but it'd take some photo shopping before I could be in an eye cream ad, right?


Just to test a theory, my right eye (my left as you're looking at the picture), I applied the BB Cream right after primer, before I'd applied any other makeup, and on the left eye (the right, as you're looking at the picture), the BB Cream was applied over the top of the foundation. I wanted to see if order of application really had any effect on the products usefulness.

And notice how my eyes don't really look any markedly different?

To be fair - this BB Cream covers well, goes on easily (you really can't mess up a roller ball), and doesn't have any notable scents. And three of the five things - even skin tone, hydration and "awakened" skin, are pretty notable. But the other two things? Corrected dark circles, and minimized puffiness? If I'm being optimistic, I see them in the right eye, and I for sure don't see them on the left.

So, much like our friends at Maybelline who I name checked in the first paragraph - I feel like Garnier made a fine product. Nice coverage, easy to use, no notable scents (which they can't always say, their face washes are heavily scented). I just feel like they made a different way to dispense a product already in their stable - they already make an eye roller and a tinted eye roller. If you google "garnier eye roller", this isn't even the first one to come up! It's fifth! And called it a day.

It's a nice enough product, and if you already own it, you probably aren't sorry. But, if you're in the market for a cream for your eyes - like the name suggests you should be, and like I was when I bought it, then you're going to be left feeling like Garnier missed the mark here.


No comments:

Post a Comment