We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Curious Things I Google...

Sometimes, I google weird stuff. Everybody does this, right?

One day, the notion struck me to look for vegan nail polish. And I found this blog, Logical Harmony , who talks a lot about vegan beauty products. One of her top recommended vegan nail polish brands is Flower Beauty, which is Wal-Mart exclusive. In the interest of supporting my Amazon bar at the bottom, I'll tell you - they have it on Amazon, but in just a quick search, all that I saw was wildly overpriced. Unless that trip to Wal-Mart just straight up isn't possible, go to Wal-Mart. Use the locator on the Flower Beauty website, not all Wal-Marts carry it.

At any rate, my query had been answered. Top vegan nail polish brands. We're done now.

That's rarely the way random google searches work, right? So then I had to figure out what made nail polish vegan or not vegan in the first place.

Back to my friends at Logical Harmony, who helpfully explain that often, nail polish is tested on animals. But, the shimmery or metallic shades, the companies often use fish. scales. to create that shimmer. Yes, that's right. Fish scales. But, since matte nail polish won't be in for forever, if you're bothered by the idea of using fish scales on your finger nails, look for ingredients "pearl" or "guanine". That's your tip off that you don't have a vegan polish in your hands.

There are nail polishes at every price point, and in every color combination, that are vegan.So you can absolutely still rock a fresh mani pedi, while sticking up for the animals!

And that's today's edition of "the curious things I google"!

No comments:

Post a Comment