We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Naked Truth makes a return!

When last we all chatted back in November, I was raving over "The Naked Truth" 5 pan shadow kit from Wet N Wild. (Check it, I really was! Really!) Problem was, that while I showed pictures of me wearing the shadow, I never showed pictures of the actual shadow.

As my opinion never changed (it's a well curated set of colors. They go on nicely, blend well together, and you get decent wear time with them. Wet N Wild sometimes misses the mark, but when they hit it, they really hit it, and they did here), I decided to take a different way, and give you some glamour shots.

The requisite shot of me, in the shadow.

And eyes closed;


And eyes closed, smirking at my wall. And if I can get sidetracked here for a second; that lip color that you see is FLOWER lip butter in Wispy Wisteria. Wal-Mart is closing out some FLOWER makeup right now - mainly, it seems like, because they're changing out some packaging designs, and I snapped up this little guy for $3.50. If you're like me and love to look pretty, without parting with some pretty pennies, a stroll through your Wal-Mart makeup aisle is in order. But I'll speak more to that another day. Back to the matter at hand - 


Swatched on the inside of my arm. The dark line you see at the middle of my arm, from there to the left, that is swatched, with no primer (yes, there are five swatches there). Above the dark line is with primer.

So, no, the pigmentation is not super intense. But...say, if you had a 15 year old who thought they were going to die if they didn't get to own the Naked palette, and you're pretty sure you're going to die if you have to pay for it? This is close enough that no one will know.


My guy!

A matte cream as the "base" shadow, a shimmery pale gold for the "browbone", light brown with a fine glimmer for the "eyelid", copper with a gold glimmer for the crease, and a matte deep brown for the definer. Dig it! :)

I like this shadow set a lot. I'd recommend it to a friend. Oh, look at that, I just did!

Later, gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment