We're Goin' Places!

Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm giving you the Silent Treatment!

...and other awkward puns. :D

Meet this delicious little guy:


also known as "Silent Treatment", a fantastic little three pan shadow kit from our friends at Wet N Wild. Wet N Wild always helpfully embosses their shadows with their suggested uses, which is handy if you're new to using multiple shadows, and aren't quite sure how to do it. Sometimes I'll follow their suggestions (like in the case of this one), and sometimes I'll just wing it.

This trio is a matte ballet pink, a medium brown with just the slightest hint of shimmer, and a gray with a pink undertone.

I've noticed with Wet N Wild, somehow, that their darker colors have a lot of fallout. This brown did not disappoint, I was even ready for it, and still, had to clean it up. I finished the makeup, and looked closely in the mirror, and looked like I'd gained a fine sprinkling of freckles. Not...that was not exactly the look I was going for. Luckily, it cleaned up well, and we were on our way!

The shadow in action. Worn over the Fergie for Wet N Wild eyeshadow primer, but of course.

Eyes open:


Nice, right? Sort of a neat play on a neutral eye. That little extra fleck of silver you see is a Kat Von D eyeliner pencil, which I know I usually only talk about drug store stuff, but her eyeliner is worth the splurge. That stuff lasts! And it's not much of a splurge if you're a TJ Maxx shopper, I got a kit with 8, maybe 10 eyeliners in it, for $7. That's comparable to drug store prices, for sure!


Eyes closed. The lighting is a combo of natural lighting from my big window by the stairs, and flash.

If I can get a little sidetracked by the lip for a second - I'm wearing J. Cat liquid lipcolor, if you're an Ipsy subscriber, you probably got one a couple of bags ago. That stuff is like liquid cement - once you set it down, you better be committed, because that stuff isn't going anywhere. But the color is gorgeous and the stuff lasts. So that's another for the "If you're going to splurge on something..." file. 

These shadows lasted really well. I rarely have a problem with WNW shadows and their longevity, which speaks both to the shadows themselves, and the primer, I think. I was wandering Sephora the other day and saw that Bobbi Brown has a shadow that is a dead ringer for the taupe shade on the bottom, which is handy information to have. Why pay a fortune when you don't have to?

See you tomorrow my lovelies!



5 comments:

  1. pretty... I like how they're labeled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It takes the intimidation factor right out of it, if you're new to trying to rock a smokey eye (or whatever...). Revlon includes a chart with a suggested look on the backs of theirs, but I don't know of anyone else that does it this way. :)

      Delete
  2. That looks really nice! I love how they are labeled. I can never figure out where to put what color and this makes it me proof!

    ReplyDelete