We're Goin' Places!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Today I learned...

...that not all Shadow Softies are created equal.

On Monday, I tried out some Almay Shadow Softies, and it seemed to go pretty stellar. So I was kind of excited today to continue digging in to my collection. Today's shadows are "Honeydew" (which is green with a slight gold shimmer, exactly the color of a piece of honeydew melon), and "Hot Fudge", a matte brown, which also greatly resembles it's namesake. "Honeydew" doesn't get done the justice it's due in my pictures, it's quite pretty.

The beauty shots, as they were;


Got experimental with my camera angles, trying to do "Honeydew" some justice. Like I said, it's quite pretty, it doesn't get a fair shake in pictures.

So, this is a nice, kicky, "maybe if I wear bright colors, Mother Nature will get the hint and make it Spring!?" combination for today, right?


Notice the biggest difference from Monday? I didn't change a thing - same brand of shadows, same brushes, same primer, same everything I did Monday...significantly reduced color payoff. Mamma no like-y! There's some payoff from the Hot Fudge color for sure, but if I didn't tell you I was wearing Honeydew, would you know I was wearing Honeydew? No you would not...


My eyes are open, and you still wouldn't know the Honeydew was there. Fun to look at, maybe not as much to wear.


Duck face for comedic effect. :D

So, what I'm saying is this - I'm a fan of the Shadow Softies as a general rule. I obviously don't think that they're for those that want a particularly bold look. But if soft, neutral and natural is what you're after, you'll get along with these shadows well.

But, today taught me that all shadow softies are not created equal, and Honeydew might be the lone outcast from the collection. Sorry, honeydew.

See you tomorrow, lovelies!






No comments:

Post a Comment