We're Goin' Places!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Are My Eyes Glowing?!

I mean... are they?!


Kind of? But like...no. Not really. Since I've gotten older, I - like many of you I'd guess - have bags when I never did before. I have wrinkles when I never did before, it's a hot mess. I've started buying eye creams when I never thought about eye cream, I'm always looking out for the newest tip or trick.

In one of my Ipsy bags comes this little gem:


Glamglow Brightmud, which promises to minimize dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, while delivering bright, hydrated and "amazing" eyes. Glamglow is virtually a cult favorite, the entire line treasured by beauty afficinados everywhere. Admittedly, this was my first experience with the line, I was pretty excited!


Since this is my first experience with the line, I don't know if this is how it's packaged regularly, but this is the package I opened. Curiously, I follow the instructions and tap it on.

Y'all, this is not cute:


So basically, don't wear this if you're in front of someone that you want to think you're really hot, because this is not...


Especially if you're following it with some Queen Helene Mint Julep mask in the t-zone. Yes, I own some. And yes, if you've got oily skin, you should too!

So, Sephoras notes on the Brightmud eye mask says you'll see results in as few as 3 minutes, I left it on at least 10, partly to get maximum results, and partly so I didn't have to rinse off one mask while leaving one in tact.

I felt a little light tingle, almost a cooling effect when I wore it. It's not overly scented, no stinging or burning. I kind of expected the black pieces to flake off as the mask dried, and they didn't.

So does it work?



Yes, but not overwhelmingly so. My eye area definitely looks lighter, and brighter. And the wrinkles are absolutely less pronounced.

But let's be serious you guys - Glamglow Brightmud retails for (and I'm not kidding) $69 for 12 applications. For $69, I ought to have the eyes of a teenager! For the sky high retail price tag, I'm just not sure I could justify the extreme price tag you guys. It'd have to be a real "treat yoself" type of day for me to go in on this, for sure.

So I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the full sized product, but if you are, Sephora's got your back.

No self-respecting eye cream junkie owns a blog without talking about eye cream a few times. I've done it before!





No comments:

Post a Comment