We're Goin' Places!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Eyebrows!

I've posted to tell you guys about my husband, and his nuttiness with all things eyebrows before. He is generally mystified when it comes to makeup (as most guys are. I'm not expecting he's unique.), but the one that gets him every time is eyebrows. He doesn't understand why it's bothering me when it looks like a herd of caterpillars is marching across my forehead. Dude. It's not cute. My eyebrows aren't thick, but they do take up a lot of space on my face. You gotta take care of that mess.

So since I'd never really talked about filling them in before, let's talk about filling those babies in!

Natural brows;


See what I mean, about them not being thick, but taking up a lot of space on my face?

Filling in your eyebrows is a necessary step. It doesn't matter how - there's no bad way. Pencil, wax, gel, it doesn't matter. Powder. Still doesn't matter. Find your way that you prefer, and go your own way, baby. Pro tip: fill in from the middle to the end of the brow first, and then go back for the beginning. Your touch tends to be heavier at the beginning, and you don't want that heaviness right at the front. More often than not, if you're thinking that you don't like the "heaviness" of a filled in brow, it's the heavy front that you're thinking of. Start in the middle. You'll be much happier.

Today's product:


ELF eyebrow kit!

The darker colored side is a brow gel - which in my own professional opinion looks more natural than a brow pencil. The lighter colored powder is a setting powder to set the gel in to place. Honest, you could make it without the powder, just depends on how set in place you like your brows. I'll do whatever the notion strikes - sometimes I powder 'em down, sometimes I leave 'em. You do you, baby!


Gelled in to place. And...


Gelled and powdered. See what I mean? The difference is pretty subtle. But I'm obviously feelin' fine!

ELF is a line that's pretty hit and miss. They have some products that would be a steal at three times the price, and some that are hardly worth the cost of the packaging. This is one that's absolutely a steal. This is a great product! Buy this and use it. If you're not sure about brow gel and just want to play before you buy one that's expensive, buy this anyway. Just own this product, however you get there!

See you later, my gorgeous friends!

I've blogged about how crazy I think my husband is for not noticing my eyebrows. Get a chuckle about how unobservant my husband is, over here!




No comments:

Post a Comment