We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

So...Not Quite, Pinterest...

I'm always perusing Pinterest, looking at all those seemingly perfect outfits, and spotless kitchens that were achieved in five minutes a day with nothing more than baking soda and a toothbrush, and I decided to snag one, and try it out.

Several Christmases ago, I was given a set of sheet pans from my aunt. They've been very well loved, and I'd always thought well taken care of. Regardless, they now look like this guy:


Well loved, right? Kind of depressing to look at too, right?

Enter Pinterest, with posts like this one, promising that these guys;


can have your pans looking like new in no time. It's almost too good to be true, isn't it? Let's find out!

Instructions say start with the baking soda, and add the hydrogen peroxide until you get a paste. Simple enough:


Catching the droplets made me feel kind of artistic. ;)

Apply to the pan, Scrub. The blog I linked above makes it sound like it's no big thing, done and over in a couple of minutes. I scrubbed until the baking soda paste started to turn brown, and then let it sit for a full 10 minutes, and got this;


So that's...better? It's hardly the miracle cure Pinterest would let you believe though. It upgraded me from "really well loved" pan to "pretty well loved" pan. Not that it took a ton of effort or anything, but this one wasn't worth the hype, I don't think.

Aah, well. Maybe next time, Pinterest!

Later, lovelies!

Like reading about Pinterest? Me too! Check out another Pinterest tip I've tested, here!

You can find this post here too!

Yesterfood


No comments:

Post a Comment