We're Goin' Places!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

...Kind Of, Pinterest!

You guys know that periodically, I like to test what I read on Pinterest. I do it all the time, in fact. Pinterest is a great site, with a lot of interesting information, but it's never quite clear how much of it you can believe.

I'm back to test another!

Meet the cast of characters that swear that in a mere 5 minutes, they can clean my microwave:


2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and your preferred essential oil? YES. Let's do this.

And for whatever it's worth - I went tea tree because I was thinking about the antibacterial properties. Whatever scent you go with, make sure it's a scent that you're going to like just as much hot, because now my house reeks of hot tea tree oil. And as much as I like the scent of tea tree oil, it's not great hot.

At any rate, this tip goes - combine. Microwave the combination for 5 minutes, and the gunk will practically wipe right off!

So I combine:


I didn't stir. Stir if you want to, it's your party. ;)


I walk it to my microwave, which is so gross, that it was embarrassed to pose for this picture.

And microwave for five minutes. I even let it sit a little extra long, to give the steam extra time to work.

So did it?


Hey! Way to go Pinterest! You kind of nailed one! Of course, for my war zone of a microwave, it actually took three tries to get a mostly clean microwave, but it's so greatly improved from where I started! Way to go, clean microwave!

See you next time, lovelies!

Interested in seeing tips from Pinterest? Me too! I've already supplied links to a few, but you could, you know, follow me and stuff. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment