We're Goin' Places!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ipsy, Ipsy, Ipsy!

I got my monthly Ipsy bag!

Ipsy, for those not in the know, is a subscription based makeup service. For $10 a month, they send out a makeup bag, filled with five makeup products. The products vary based on the survey you take when you sign up, and your favorable or unfavorable reviews of the products that you received each month.

This month, I'm quite pleased! The theme of this months bag was "Beautifully Bohemian". I'm much more a fan of some bags than others, but I love this one!


The gold tube that you see is Elizabeth Arden lipstick in "Red Door Red", which I tweeted was so pretty, that I practically want to pet it. Elizabeth Arden is famous for their Red Door to their spa in NYC, which is obviously what that packaging is a takeoff on.


The door is even engraved in to the lipstick. And I know I'm weird for saying I want to pet a lipstick, but would you look at it?! So pretty!

And then there was another product, that I'm more confused by than anything;


Mullein & Sparrow's Tinted Lip and Cheek balm, which everyone on Ipsy's Facebook page seemed to be really excited by. And I don't understand. Mine didn't seem to have any color what so ever, which is fine for my lips, but I own an awful lot of highlighters already. I'm pretty good there.

And the last product I'll give a shout out to is my "Fit" Nude Dude, from TheBalm:


Now, I think I misunderstood when it was advertised that these are full size. Because they're not. But the big deal about my Fit dude is that he's not available as a single. Anywhere other than last month's Ipsy bag. TheBalm has a eyeshadow palette that they produce, called Nude Dudes, and Fit is only available in that. So that's pretty cool. The light dimmed his sparkle a little bit, he's the color of a fresh penny.

And he's also magnetic, which means that he and the lip and cheek tint are stuck to each other, every time I open the bag. Hah!

Ipsy often negotiates discounts with the companies, so if you get something in your bag that you fall in love with, you can buy an extra at a good deal!

If you think you'd be interested in subscribing to Ipsy, please use my referral code! You can do certain things through Ipsy (like reviewing your products that you're sent), and you can later use the points to purchase full sizes of your favorites as well. If you use my referral code, I get 250 points! :)

Interested in Ipsy? Me too! I've talked about it before! I've also done more in depth reviews of a couple of the products that I've gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment